10 Tips Home Organization: Well that’s something you could probably use if you have a messy home. If your home is chronically messy, and you hate housework, good. This list is especially aimed at you. I too hate housework, so it’s been my constant goal to find the minimum effective dose, for the maximum amount of results. What that means is, working out which tasks are the very most important. When those tasks need to be done, and when once done, those tasks will provide for your family, the greatest and most noteworthy results.
What’s stopping you from getting your home organized? Is it the thought of sorting through all the excess stuff that you have in your home? Is it the dilemma of knowing where to start? Is it because you don’t have enough storage space, cupboards, drawers, hangers, garage storage or space to keep your larger hobbies? Are your problems due to feeling so choked by all your stuff, that it’s impossible to find a clear area to rest your eyes. Is cleaning house impossible, because there isn’t enough clear floor, or horizontal spaces to even get a start. And speaking of start, where in the world do you start, when your place is in a state of utter chaos? You start with a plan and our 10 Easy tips for home organization. Your organization solution.
You start with a plan of course
10 Tips Home Organization
1. For 10 tips home organization and Easy House Cleaning you must learn to start with a plan for home organizeation, you need to start with a plan. Here is the exact plan I use and am now sharing with you, to get you on your way to a clean organized home.
2. While giving thought to your plan, let go of any grand ideas, of getting your home organized in a couple of days. This is going to be a step by step process, that will end in success.
3. Remember don’t be hard on yourself. If you miss a day of clutter busting or cleaning don’t worry. Jump back in tomorrow.
4. Things that matter most, should never be at the mercy, of things that matter least. This means working out what your first things are. For example; your kids and partner, are probably the first things in your life. Are their basic needs being properly catered for? Nutritious meals and clean clothing each day, is probably a first for a majority of us. This gives us a good place to make a start.
5. Make a decision that you want to be organized. The reason you want to, is so you’ll be able to be the best mom to your kids, and partner to your partner, that you can be. By procrastinating over, your decision, once you’ve decided to make a start, is only making extra work, for the you of tomorrow. Remember the reason why you want to get your home organized, and again, if you miss one day, don’t be hard on yourself. See it for what it is, and get straight back to it tomorrow. More on procrastinating here.
6. In keeping with first things first, the best mom that you can be, is responsible for providing the meals for your family. In order to do this properly, a weekly meal plan is required. Read about menu planning here. We are not going overboard here. The meal plan is to begin with, seven nights dinners. Factor in late dinners because of activities, or a one night a week dinner out. There is no sin in having a sandwich night, or a hot dog night. Spaghetti bolognese, every Monday night is quick and easy, and takes little effort to cook. For your first week menu plan, choose the seven easiest dinners that you know how to cook. (Menu planning day here at RH Blog is on Wednesday, so don’t forget to call back and see what’s on our menu.)
7. Clothing for your number ones, is the next important factor. Do a trip around the entire house and collect every piece of clothing that is not, hanging or in a drawer. Take it all to the laundry, and start doing a couple of loads everyday, until the entire lot is done. Once clean and dry, if it no longer fits the owner, place it in a bag, to give to a friend or the Salvation Army. If you have the room to hold onto the item, for a sibling, make certain to pack the clothes into a plastic box, with a lid, or a space bag, if you’re short for room and store it labelled, until the next one is ready to wear it.
8. . Next job is collecting up all plates, glasses, bowls, forks, empty food or drink containers, and getting them all into the kitchen. Do a scout around the entire house, collect all items, that belong in the kitchen, and get to washing it all up. Keeping the dishes, plates, cups glasses, washed up after every single meal, is the next task, that falls among the most important. The best way to create a habit, of washing up and keeping the kitchen, always clean and ready to begin cooking, is to wash up after every meal. I fill up the sink with hot soapy water, as soon as I head into the kitchen. Wash up any plates and glasses that are waiting to be done, and wash dishes, as I cook, or use them. Once the meal is complete there is only ever a few minutes worth of washing up. This routine, really didn’t take too long to become a habit. Habits are sooo easy. You don’t have to think about it, you are just doing it before you know it.
9.Once all the kitchen things have been washed get them dried and put away. Wipe down the kitchen counters with a cloth and disinfectant, and give the floor a quick sweep.
10. For our final task, to make a start on getting your home organized, head to the bathroom, with the disinfectant and give your toilet a good clean. Make certain to do every bit of the toilet, inside and out. If you need to do around the loo on the floor, do that too.
Congratulations. You’ve made a great decision, to start getting your home organized. The tasks you’ve completed from the list above, are mostly daily tasks. They need to be done daily, otherwise they build up, leaving you with double to do the next day, if you put them off till tomorrow.
quick clean of the loo a load of washing everyday keeps it under control. 2 minutes to make a bed
menu planning makes cooking dinners easy. Remember to wash up after every meal and each time you come into the kitchen.
How Cute Are Those Similes?
If you enjoyed this post please share it with your friends on Facebook. While there call in and say hi to us as well, the page is RoutineHabit.
One more thing, so you never miss a post please subscribe and become apart of our thriving community. We would love to have you join us.
As always, take care of one another and remember, the first step is the hardest.