Here we are today at day 2, of our “Blogging While Angels Sleep” blog challenge. Today we are going to keep it a bit simple and start a new blogging habit, of reaching out to the blog writer, of one of our blog comments, by sending them a surprise email.
Make a new blog writer friend
The quickest and easiest way to build a blog based community around our blogs, is by making friends with other bloggers. Using the blog comments we receive, is a good way to reach out and make some new friends. By choosing one blog comment writer each week, to say hi to, in an email, can make the process of making, like minded friends, quicker and easier.
Make a new blogging habit
Other the course of the next week, reply each day to your blog comments, keeping an eye out for a blog comment that comes from another blog writer (If your comments platform doesn’t include a space for the commenter to leave their blog address, consider changing to another comment plugin.) If you aren’t getting that many comments yet, not to worry, wait until you get a blog comment and then, give this a try. An email from your blog, will also show your reader that, you are willing to do more than the average blogger, from your niche, to go out of your way to connect with your readers.
What to include in the Email
All you need to do is, include a link in the subject back to your blog. You also want to remind the blog commenter of their comment on your blog, and that, that is the reason for your email. You can then go on to:
- Personally thank them for taking the time to comment and introduce yourself.
- In the email explain to them, that you are doing a blog challenge which requires you to make contact with another blog writer, that is interested in your niche.
- Ask them for their blog address, twitter username and Facebook page name, so that you might be able to check out their blog, follow them and take a look at their Facebook page.
- Make certain to give them your Twitter username and Facebook page name also.
- Once they have replied, do as you have promised, and make certain to leave them a comment at their blog, providing their personal brand is a match with your own. (If not just wait until you find a blog that fits and reach out to that blog writer)
Blog Mission to Make friends with other Like Minded Blog Writers
There is one other point to make in regard to this blog challenge step. If possible, your best to look for blog writer friends, whose blogs are ranking a little higher than yours, and who have more twitter friends and Facebook likes than you. If not, you want to make certain that the blog writer your reaching out to, does take care of their blog, and that they are posting regularly and working at also growing their blog. The reason for this is that, it takes time to develop friendships and in the steps to come, the blog writers that you’ll choose to make friends with are important because, they will be the people that you will be trying to help grow their blogs. More about that later.
Blog Challenge in Summary
That’s the blog challenge for day 2.
- Choose a blog writer, commenter, from your blog comments.
- Reach out to them with a reply by email.
- Make a new blogging habit of choosing one blog writer comment a week to reply to by email.
If you have any questions or need any help at all, don’t hesitate to contact me through the comments or pm on my email email@example.com
As always, thanks for reading