Here is a re-cap of our posts to date in our blog challenge. “Blogging while Angels Sleep” 90 posts in 90 days” I’ve organized this blog directory page for anyone who is joining the blog challenge late. It will make it easier for any of our new readers, to start and follow our blogging challenge. I recommend that you start where we are at, and then, at the end of the blog challenge, you can continue on and finish the blog challenge posts.
Blog Challenge Day 55
Providing for your readers, the most user friendly way of navigating your site, is a service which Google often recommends. By making a directory of posts which fit into a popular category on your site, will improve your users experience.
For our blog challenge today, choose a category in your blog, to create a blog directory page for. You can do this task by creating a page, or writing it in a post and then featuring, it in your side bar. I have done this blog directory as a post, but once complete will probably turn it into a page. More on that as I get there.
Blog Directory of first 55 posts, in the “Blogging while Angles Sleep”, Blog Challenge.
Posts fit into one of four categories to date:
- Blog Design : The way that you blog is set up, including what is featured on the site.
- Blog Writing : Includes different types of posts, styles, lengths, pictures, video’s, interviews, series posts,
- Blog Promotion: Includes social media, directories, comments, blog hops, competitions.
- Blog Business: Includes statistical information, site rankings, page views
- Make Money Blogging: Ways to make money blogging, Includes advertisements, affiliate marketing, direct sales, blogging services.
46. Blog Writing: Guest posts on others sites in your niche are a great way, to become known to a wider audience, along with gaining links of the very best kind. This post includes extensive resources of guest blogging opportunities.
45. Blog Writing: News posts on topics relevant to your niche, are popular and can be featured in a way, that will make your audience return to your site often to catch up on current news.
44. Blog Promotion: Competitions are a fun side to blogging. They are popular and promoting them can bring lots of traffic to your site. In this post 12 easy to enter competitions, being run for Australians, was written about.
43. Blog Design: Using ftp programs for uploading themes and for udating your files. This post shows you how to use ftp programs like Filezilla, and some walk throughs for problems using ftps.
42. Blog Promotion: Forums like Reddit can bring you a tremendious amount of traffic to your blog. Find out how in this post.
41. Make Money Blogging: This article is based on using Google Adsence as the chief advertiser on your blog. It also is based over a period of four years with continual blog growth at 30% every month. With these factors in place, you could actually end up earning over $100,000.00 per month.
40. Blog Promotion: In this post, we have done a meet the neighbours of our niche. In choosing 20 of the best office organizers and office designers, and linking to them in this article, it is benefiting both blogs in a number of ways. Those include: alerting other blogs in your niche, of your presence. Hopefully, having the blog which you’ve written abouts owner, come to your blog to see the article. They may even link back to the article from their blog, so that their audience, can also see the article. It makes a great linking to resource. Otherwise known as link bait. Best of lists are among the most popular. They are fun to write and the resource can be updated and expanded as you feel like it. Take a look at our top 20 post at the link below.
39. Make Money Blogging: Back to our organized office series. This post is part 6 of the series and is focused on writing a product review, on tools needed for the office. The post includes pictures of the items, the price and an affiliate link to the product. The basics about affiliate marketing are discussed. It’s also advised to open an Amazon.com affiliate marketing account.
38 Blog Promotions: How well do you look after your Facebook Page? If your getting little response to your updates on Facebook, your sure to find the reason why in this post;
33. Blog Business: Organizing your office. Another series, this time one for anybody who is working out of an office that is not organized. In this nine part series, we de-cluttered, painted, re-organized the furniture, put all of our supplies away again, set up in stations for where we actually use the tools.
Post 35: in this series, organized office planning and design has become the most popular post on RHB.
Post 37: in the series, was based on going digital, with all of your papers and files. We also extensively went into going digital with all of your home paper files, including cards and memorabilia.
For a blogger, going digital is a great idea. Bloggers are tech savvy and technology has made it possible for us to no longer, require paper files, calendars, or planners, so why not follow our system, or develop your own.
32.Blog Writing : This challenge was to write a picture post, with commentry about the pictures, and how they relate to the niche your writing on. For this post the topic was event organizing, part of my organizing niche. I focused on a series of world events, that have currently taken place, and with the main point of the post being;
It wont happen without written plans, preparation or deadlines.
Create a picture post, but check out this post first:
31. Blog Promotion: This post will teach you how to find a great regular audience for your blog. Here are 20 tips, all which can be used with your blog today, to build a highly effective and profitable audience for your site or blog.
30. Blog Design: Board with the look of your blog? Do you have a consistant look and feel for the brand of your blog. This post will show you all the ways that you can build a brand for your blog
29.Blog Design : This post will teach you step by step how to make a favicon. A favicon is the little picture that sits next to the sites name, when it’s saved in your bookmarks, your toolbar, or displayed in the browser.
23. Blog Writing to 28. Blog Writing : Continue to write the first six posts, of the nine part series. The first six posts are written and are published. A page has also been especially put together to promote the series, which includes, all the links for the posts, and an explanation of each post. These are sometimes called splash pages. These main splash pages are great for being linked to as well as being a great resource for your audience. You can check out the splash page and all the links to the posts in the series here:
The result of a series, from your audiences point of view is that it should leave them motivated, inspired and ready to take action. Their desire to search for additional sources of information on the topic, should be already fulfilled. Once they have completed your series, they will feel all avenues have been covered, and that it’s unnecessary to search for any additional information.
22. Blog Writing: In post 22, we gathered the everything necessary to write an extensive 9 part series, including writing the draft layout. The idea of a series, as extensive as this was so that the topic would be covered so extensively, that anyone, who might be needing the information was left certain that it would be unnecessary to look any where further for this information. Blog post series, written in this way, are also wonderful for gaining links.
21. Blog Writing: Write a series, of posts, that cover the main niche topic of your blog. The series should be an extensive guide to the category that you are covering, and include, the main sub categories, examples and additional information such as recommended products. Make sure to monetise the product post with affiliate links. This post goes into beginning to research, all different aspects, which will need to be added to the series. Google recommends, that when writing series of posts, we should use the mark up text rel = next and rel = prev. For next post and previous post. This helps search engines to work out which post should be indexed before the other.
20. Blog Design: This is the most current post in our blog challenge. Have you written a series of posts before, for your site? If so, creating a directory page such as this, improves the user experience for your readers, as they are able to easily find more information, on a topic that they were interested in.
19.Blog Writing: Update a post with keywords and add some extra current information. When using Google Webmaster Tools, you have available a listing of URLs on your site, which Google Bot has been unable to crawl. Check this page and if you find this is the case, update the post and re-issue it. Alternatively if you have a post that has had no clicks from the serps, that post might be a good candidate, for re-writing. Add some better keywords, titles, sub headings, and re-submit, without changing the original URL.
- Start With The End In Mind Easy Guide To Home Organization – Comments (3)
18.Blog Design: Adding a live chat box to your blog fits into a number of categories. It’s a part of the blog design and also a tool for blog promotion in that, by being able to live chat with your audience, makes your blog different. Presently not many blogs have a live chat box. Having the writer available to answer questions about their article, is definitely a factor that will differentiate your blog from the rest. Here’s a tutorial with all the info that you might need to set up a live chat box, for free, on your blog or website.
17. Blog Writing: writing a picture post, that people will enjoy stumbling, on social media site Stumble upon is another expression of blog writing. Here is how to write a picture post.
16. Blog Promotion: Google Rich Snippets, will show you as the author of your blog in the serps. A small picture of the author is included in the meta description of the article in the serps. Here is how to set up Google Authorship and Rich Snippets for your site.
15. Blog Promotion: Social Media is an awesome tool to use for promoting your blog posts. Googles latest tool in the social media stakes, is Google+. Learn how to find your Google+ i.d for quick and easy referral, for when you need it.
- Where is my Google Plus Id: Quick Easy Tutorial to Help you find your Google+ Identification – Comments (0)
14. Blog Business: Comments on your blog are a part of blogging life. They are a way to better engage with your audience, and are wonderful for building a blog community. Conversations are able to take place, and do follow blogs, provide some link love with Google. Unfortunately spammers, love to spoil the conversation with spam, and so this tutorial provides information on how you can beat the spammers with two plugins, one called Askimet and the other Disqus.
13. Blog Writing: For your audience and for your blog writing promotion, write an epic post. This post took me twelve hours to write. It get’s lots of traffic and is what I call a fierce or epic post.
12. Blog Promotion: Join a blog hop to help promote your blog. Here’s how to join one or host one yourself on your blog.
- What is a blog hop or a linky and how do I get involved? – Comments (0)
11. Blog Promotion: You must register with this blog directory also for an awesome link and blog traffic.
- Every Blog Writer Should Be Apart Of This Famous Directory – Comments (0)
10. Blog Promotion: You must register with this blog directory, for exposure and an awesome link.
- This Directory controls indexing for AOL and Netscape: have you registered your Blog Yet?- Comments (1)
9. Blog Writing: Write a news post. Here is the latest news on the worlds first Smart Watch. The I’M Watch.
- i’m watch,Worlds first SmartWatch, sync with your mobile phone and chat and tweet through your watch! Oh and play music plus….. – Comments (0)
8.Blog Writing: Engaging your audience: There are no quick fixes in becoming a top site. It’s a process of continual best efforts. One which will work only through paying the price of best efforts over an extended period of time, which will bring you true success as a blog writer. Telling your story in an interesting, exciting, surprising, funny way, and continually reminding your audience of how your blog is different from all the rest, are all requirements of a remarkable blog.
- How is your blog different? Tell your audience, they need to know! Blog Challenge Day - Comments (0)
7. Blog Writing: Engaging your audience: How will you become remarkable? Building a popular and truly effective site will take all your knowledge and skill. Adding a video when the story requires it, is great for help in creating epic content. Here’s how to embed video’s.
- How to embed video’s into your blog posts with the Bee Gees – Comments (1)
6. Blogging Business: Start your Google Analytic s account with a tracking code, to follow your blogs statistics. Here’s how to set it all up.
- Help setting Google Tracking Code to Verify Your Blog- Comments (0)
5. Blog Promotion: Make a blog button and start joining in blog hops.
4. Blogging Business : What is your sites Alexa Ranking? Sign up and download the tool bar for a continual watch of both your ranking and those of any other site that you visit. At the time of writing RHB is ranked #285,121. Very exciting. I love watching my Alexa ranking improving. March 30th we were ranked #312,164. Things started slowing down with my ranking when we got to around the #350,000 point. Before then, it was nothing to jump 50,000 places every couple of weeks.
- Download the Alexa Toolbar: Blog Challenge day 4 – Comments (2)
3. Blog Writing: Everyone loves a story, make sure you use the ancient art form of telling a story even when your writing a product review.
- Is your blog telling a story? Blog Challenge Day 3:Write a Product Review, with a Story – Comments (0)
2. Blog Promotion: Email messages to your commenters can help build a relationship between you and your readers.
- How Blog Comments and Email can Enormously Grow your Blog – Comments (3)
1. Blogging Business : Your Blogs Mission Statement, sums up your blog in a few sentences. Here’s mine :
My goal for RHB, is to be one of the top ranked sites. From blogging,marketing to organization, I promise to provide for my readers, content which is truly fierce and effective. Real solutions which will solve for my audience the frustrations they face in building blogs, which are extremely popular and truly effective. But it’s not all about blogging. Most of our audience have homes and families to keep organized as well. Here down to earth advice which teaches keystone principals to keeping organized, by using routines built into habits, which are the only way, to be truly effective, and successful at both. Underlying principals which are required to build that top site or business is what I’m teaching and I’m here to help my audience in any way that I can.
This is a little long for a normal mission statement, however the goal is to keep working on your mission statement until you have it down to a couple of sentences that sum up in essence the heart of your business.
- Blog Challenge Day 1 Create your Blogs Mission Statement- Comments (3)
Opening Post in the Blog Challenge: describes the hopes from the out come of completing the blogging challenge. The main focus being, to grow your blog, turn your blog into a well known, even famous site, on the world stage. I’m here to share my blogging journey, and help you in any way that I can turn your blog into a blog which you can and will be able to earn money blogging from.
Call to Action
Do you have a blog directory set up on your blog? If you even have a series of posts, a blog directory can make your readers experience better. Please leave a link to your blog directory, I would love to see it.
As always, thanks for reading.