Every Blog Writer needs to register their Blog with Technorati. Technorati is one of the worlds top blog directories. Registration with Technorati will assure you get seen by the worlds blog watchers. Today on day 11 of Blogging While Angels Sleep Challenge, 90 posts in 90 days, all you are required to do is register with Technorati. To have your blog become popular and well known, and for you to take the next step as a blog writer, Technorati just like DMOZ, is almost imperative.
Technorati Site Registration Blog Challenge day 11
I have known about Technorati for some time, but hadn’t as yet registered, the same as with DMOZ. I guess it was one of those things that you hear about as a blog writer, but don’t take action immediately in doing. In my case anyway. So to make certain that your gaining the most out of this blog challenge, and in order to also help your blogging habit, try and follow the instructions for the blog challenge post each day. That way you can be certain that your blog and you as a blog writer are being seen in all the right places.
If this is your first time here
If your new to Routine Habit Blog, welcome. If you’d like to join in the blog challenge, you can jump in from here, and start following the daily post idea’s. We are working at creating blogs that will be a source for earning money blogging. If you have the time, work backwards, especially for the posts that require registration, like this one and the blog challenge post day 10, f rom yesterday. They are quick and easy and provide very strong links, which will see you ranking better in the search engines.
To join Technorati, and become a part of its huge list of websites, that are categorized for easy searching, the first step is to head to their site, and register.
- Topical Authority measures a blog’s influence within its subject category.
- Blogs will appear ranked by topical authority within Technorati’s blog directory.
- Factors include linking behavior from blogs and posts in the same category, how well a blog’s overall content matches the category in question, and other associated data.
- It’s possible for a blog to have authority in several different categories. The authority in each category may be different.
You can see where sites rank by using the nav bar at the top of the main page.
As sites’ Technorati Authority changes over time, ranks will also change. You can see the top-ranked sites in the overall Blogosphere at Technorati Top100 and the top sites in each category in the Blog Directory.
To Register Your Blog With Technorati and You as The Blog Writer
Requires a few short steps.
- Open an account with Technorati, giving your Blogs URL, Your Name as the Blog Writer and Your Email Address.
- Technorati will email back to you a token code number.
- Once receiving the token code, you are to copy and paste the code into the body of one of your blog posts, which are currently apart of your RSS Feed. This means you place the code into the body of a post that is included in your current feed.
- Once done, you simply verify that you have placed the code and then wait for Technorati to confirm that your code has been found.
- Whilst waiting, you can still post your blog URLs for current posts into your Technorati account.
- Once all is up and running, you will start to receive your Technorati Authority Ranking, and if you desire, you can work at ways suggested in this post at getting your Technorati Authority, to as high a score out of 1000 that you are able to.
Technorati explains their tags as follows: A tag is a keyword or short phrase that writers assign to articles to describe or identify the content: the subject matter, the people involved, the type of article, themes addressed. This helps people searching for a particular type of content to find articles using those tags.
The link below will take you to the page that will show you the tags which have been most used on Technorati for the current month. Checking out those tags will give you a look at which keywords have been tagged most in articles shared on Technorati for the current month.